Thursday, February 12, 2009

Girl, Interrupted

When we watched Girl, Interrupted on Monday evening it was the first time I had seen it. I enjoyed the movie but as I was driving home I just thought about how sad and depressing it was. Something I found to be interesting about the movie is that Suzanna obviously believes she belongs at Claymoore. She went there without much force and when her boyfriend came she did not want to leave with him. Something was keeping her there. She said she had friends there, but no one would want to stay there to be with these people. She knew she needed help with what she was going through. As much as I want to believe that she was not crazy I have to think that she was. When she left she appeared better and happy and not crazy, but maybe she still was? Maybe we could not see it on the outside but maybe just like Daisy she seemed better but in reality was not. I think by seeing her situation through her perspective were are limited in what we know. We can only know what she wants us to know and see others as she does. This movie was very interesting-especially watching it at this point in the semester. I think it fit in well.

No comments:

Post a Comment